[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: (3.0.0.Alpha1) Server launch config is not customizable

garu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 14 10:56:22 EDT 2008

Hi Rob,
first of all, WOW!! In the mean time i peeked around a bit in the doc and if your beast maintains just half of the promises i see there, it looks really great!
anonymous wrote : I cannot repeat hte launch configuration issue in the current TRUNK stream. I must have made the launch configuration more liberal some time ago.
I'll wait for next beta and let you know.
anonymous wrote : 1) You must create a server via servers and runtimes. The API provided by webtools does not allow willy nilly launch configuration creation.
Sure, you are right, even the WTP defaut JBoss server is not there.
anonymous wrote : 2) This is a feature. If you'd like an option / property to customize, file a JIRA for it
No problem, i saw in the doc that this is normal behavior and i can accept it.
anonymous wrote : 3) The XPath portion is unique becuase I clearly can't have it refreshing and scanning files for differences left and right. The original scan takes quite a while and so it is cached. I'll have to think about a solution. For now, does right-clicking on the element in the JBoss Server's view and clicking "refresh" fix it?
If you right click on "Ports" category under "XML Configuration" there's already a "Refresh item" menu entry, but it has no effect. Making it working, ie refreshing all the category xpaths, would be enough, i don't thinks there's a need for automatic refresh or refresh for the single xpath, it would be an overkill.
anonymous wrote : 4) Will have to look into it
Let me know if you need a Jira bug for it.
anonymous wrote :
  | 5) I believe I used to have support for this. I'll have to double check if there was a regression somewhere.
  |
  | 6) Dependent on 5 obviously.

Here i'm exagerating a bit :) but i think that to be completely functional this is somewhat related to https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-2050 support for ServiceBindingManager and https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-2627 regarding support for advanced JBoss configuration options.

Thank you for your attention, Gabriele

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182149#4182149

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182149