[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - MBean start ordering in 5.0CR2

huberth do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 14 13:58:25 EDT 2008

I'm having difficulty with MBean start ordering in AS 5.0CR2.  I've got two MBeans: MBeanA with an @Depends annotation referencing the other, plus an injected (@Resource) reference to it.  In the start method of MBeanB I initialize a POJO singleton.  When MBeanA's start method is called, it calls a method on MBeanB via its injected reference, which delegates to the singleton.  The problem is that at this point, a field in the singleton has not been initialized, as MBeanB's start method hasn't yet been called.

Am I doing something wrong?  This used to work in 4.2.1.  Or is this just broken?  Is anyone else having issues with dependencies?

If I remove the @Depends, I get an injection error indicating that the name hasn't been bound yet, so the annotation does seem to be affecting something.

I also get other occasional dependency problems - sometimes things go completely unresolved, even though the JMX console shows them.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182220#4182220

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182220