[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Lookup Remote EJBs (ejb3) on a different version of JBoss 4

yousuf.raza do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 15 13:36:36 EDT 2008

Ok here is my scenario.

I have a ejb3 session bean deployed on a JBoss instance whose version is 4.2.0CP02.

I have another application that lookups and consumes that EJB. This application is deployed on jboss version 4.3.0.GA_CP02

First of all is this possible ?

The compatibility matrix on the wiki has no mention of jboss 4.3:
http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-10808

Secondly if this does not work (meaning I start getting InvalidClassExceptions due to different serialversionUIDs defined in classes in different jboss versions) what is the workaround ?

Or do I have to enforce that both instances of JBoss need to be on the same version.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182470#4182470

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182470