[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JBoss and Apache virtual host configuration - mod_jk

deenuy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 16 11:12:48 EDT 2008

Hello all,

I have requirement of accessing http://localhost:8080/tc/webclient using Domain server name say www.tc.emerson.com. Domain Name has been already configured in etc\host.

tc ear has been deployed in jboss-4.0.1sp1.

I'm using Apache2 to virtual host for my jboss-4.0.1sp1 Application Server.

Issue is, when I run www.tc.emerson.com in browser, it is redirecting to jboss jmx-console page, instead of redirecting to http://localhost:8080/tc/webclient

Please can anyone help me out from this issue? It is bit urgent. It would be greatly appreciable.

Here is part of the Apache config:
Config of httpd.conf:
#Include mod_jk configuration file
Include conf/mod-jk.conf

Config of Mod-jk.conf:
LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

#Where to find workers.properties
#Where to put jk shared memory
#Where to put jk logs
#Set the jk log level [debug/error/info]
#Select the timestamp log format
#JkOptions indicates to send SSK KEY SIZE

JkWorkersFile   conf/workers.properties
JkShmFile        "D:/Apps/ApacheWebServer2.0/Apache2/logs/mod_jk.shm"
JkLogFile          "D:/Apps/ApacheWebServer2.0/Apache2/logs/mod_jk.log"
JkLogLevel        debug

JkLogStampFormat "[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y]"
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompatUnparsed -ForwardDirectories

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName 		www.tc.emerson.com
    ServerAdmin 	Deenanath.Yadav at emerson.com
    LogLevel warn
    CustomLog 		logs/ tc.emerson.com.access.log combined
    ErrorLog 		logs/ tc.emerson.com.error.log
    ServerSignature Off

    JkAutoAlias		/tc/webclient
    JkMountFile  		conf/uriworkermap.properties

Config of workers.properties:
# Define list of workers that will be used
# for mapping requests
# The configuration directives are valid
# for the mod_jk version 1.2.18 and later
#

worker.list=worker1
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host= localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.lbfactor=1

Config of uriworkermap.properties:
/tc/webclient/*=worker1
/tc/webclient=worker1
/*=worker1

Here is part of the Jboss config:
JBoss Configuration:

Config of Server.xml:

			www.tc.emerson.com
			tc.emerson.com

Config of jboss-web.xml:
<jboss-web>
    <context-root>/</context-root>
    <virtual-host>www.tc.emerson.com</virtual-host>
</jboss-web>

Am I missing anything in configuration? I couldn't find any clue thru googling.  Can anyone help me out form this issue.

Waiting for reply with anticipation.

Thanks,
Deenu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182694#4182694