[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Netty / Multiplayer server?

roxlu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 17 12:21:44 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

In what forum should I post messages related ot multiplayer server developerment with Netty?

And...

I'm working on a server that operates as a proxy for my multiplayer game. In the game 2 players play a game against each other. The server only forwards messages from one player to another.  And another thing the server needs to implement is creating a "player-pair" (Randomly).

I was thinking to create a class GameManager, that holds a ArrayList, where Player is a class with a Channel of one player. So, the GameManager contains all available players. Another class PlayerManager creates "pairs" of players and relays messages to eachother.

Can someone tell me if this is a good setup for the classes and the classes/method I should look into?

Roxlu

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4182966#4182966

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4182966