[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: chaning seam version

whitty69 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 20 07:18:01 EDT 2008

I found entries like this:

<input factoryID="org.eclipse.jdt.ui.ClassFileEditorInputFactory" org.eclipse.jdt.ui.ClassFileIdentifier="=lineManager/D:\/javatools\/jboss-seam-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT\/lib\/jboss-seam.jar<org.jboss.seam.servlet(SeamFilter.class"/>

and

<editor factoryID="org.eclipse.jdt.ui.ClassFileEditorInputFactory" id="org.eclipse.jdt.ui.ClassFileEditor" org.eclipse.jdt.ui.ClassFileIdentifier="=lineManager/D:\/javatools\/jboss-seam-2.1.1-SNAPSHOT\/lib\/jboss-seam.jar<org.jboss.seam.web(ExceptionFilter.class"/>

As I said, I was getting desperate and looking for any 'possible' cause/solution. I don't even know if this made a difference.

I do not make a habit of editing such files; but as I have previously said, I could not get the reference to jboss-seam.jar file to change even after removing all references to the old seam version from my working environment. There was no direct way of editing it because it was  referenced dynamically. As the saying goes:Desperate times lead to desperate measures

I do not know if this really a bug or just me being to dumb to switch a runtime. Whichever of the two(probably the latter you are probably thinking) it should as far as I am concerned be possible to change the seam runtime and have the default file be replaced in the project. As far as I am aware, the seam-ge update does just that when run from the command line.

Cheers.
Peter.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183199#4183199

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183199