[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Duplicate message after recovery rollback

szhigunov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 21 10:18:29 EDT 2008

I agree with what you said, but it is not what happened. In my scenario there were three delivery attempts.
1) The first one failed and was eventually rolled-back.
2) The second one committed. It happened as soon as JBM client started up after the failure and reconnected to the remote queue (step 4 in my post). And this is a problem since the first transaction was still in progress (not recovered yet!).
3) The last one is a legitimate redelivery (step 6), committed. It happened after recovery of the first transaction (rollback) and queue was restarted.

It looks like the problem is that when the client died after prepare, the queue MBean shows message as available, and delivers it right away even the JBM tables show the message as locked in transaction, waiting for TM to complete the transaction.

I know it is hard to read such a long post, but hope you will find time to comment.

I am running JBoss 4.2.2 + JBM 1.4.0.SP3.

Thanks

BTW, the same problem (two committed deliveries of the same message), happens if TM recovery commits. I can reproduce both cases.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183530#4183530

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183530