[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: tomcat monitoring metrics - explain

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 21 16:33:43 EDT 2008

googling "total processing time per minute" shows that tools other than JBossON provide this metric  - tools like Hyperic (hmm, only one tool by used by Covalent, HP and others). Of course, no-one mentions how this metric is calculated. And I could not find any description of the metrics. I wonder if the JBossON help text provides any insight?

Looking at all of the metric names, I suspect the that "per minute" metrics are reset to 0 every 60 seconds so what you are getting is the metric value from the prior 60-second interval. I suspect that "total processing time" is the amount of time that the process was running on the CPU (as opposed to on the wait queue or waiting for things such as requests to come in).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183643#4183643

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183643