[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Accessing jnp port 1099

bnarayan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 22 00:22:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

We have been using jboss messaging 1.0.1.SP4 with Jboss-4.0.4 and we were not doing anything specific settings for the jnp port

We upgraded to jboss-4.2.3 and when jboss-messaging 1.0.1.SP4 was deployed in this, the jnp port was not accessible remotely (and hence not able to publish messages).

To have it working we made the followig configurations.

1. To specify the host during startup

  | run.sh -c messaging --host=192.168.200.50

2. setting an empty BindAddress in JBOSS_HOME/server/messaing/conf/jboss-service.xml

  |       <attribute name="Port">1099</attribute>
  |
  |       <!-- The bootstrap JNP server bind address. This also sets the default
  |
  |          RMI service bind address. Empty == all addresses
  |
  |       -->
  |
  |       <attribute name="BindAddress"></attribute>

My question is whether configuration being done is correct or is there an other way to have this working and why the default settings doesnt work with jboss-4.2.3

Any pointers regarding this will be helpful

Thanks,
bnarayan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4183702#4183702

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4183702