[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Do I really need Eclipse-WTP for JBossWS WebServices? Or is

thoste do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 23 03:04:02 EDT 2008

Originally the Eclipse WebToolsPlatform WTP was designed to ease the handling of creation of web services.
However the developer has still to setup WTP for a specific environment (Application Server, and WS technology). As a first example Apache Tomcat and Axis were implemented.

JBossWS as a JAX-WS implementation does not use the structures of WTP.

When I go in Eclipse to
Preferences->Web Services->Server and Runtime

I cannot set "JBossWS" as runtime.

Instead JBoss offers their own plugin: JBossTools (formerly JBossIDE).

So for what do I need WTP when I use JBossWS web services?

What can I do with WTP what I cannot with JBossTools?

Thomas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184046#4184046

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184046