[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Accessing a secure EJB from standalone Java client

jej2003 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 24 09:25:11 EDT 2008

I am attempting to connect to an EJB that is under a JAAS Domain which has unauthenticated access support via the unauthenticatedIdentity attribute in my login-config.xml.  If I provide the appropriate information when building my initalcontext (a valid username and password) everything works fine.  But if I attempt to connect to without specifying a username/password I get

  | Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at org.jboss.security.jndi.JndiLoginInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(JndiLoginInitialContextFactory.java:95)
  | 	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
  | 	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
  | 	at com.csp.ejb.authentication.AuthenticationBean.getInitialContext(AuthenticationBean.java:76)
  | 	at com.csp.test.client.Client.main(Client.java:60)

If I set the user name as guest and then try to create the InitalContext I get AuthenticationDenied for all functions.

My question is how do I make a connection to the server using the unauthenticated user?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184476#4184476

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184476