[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Different processes should be able to use different styl

woo37830 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 24 10:14:49 EDT 2008

Sorry for flame!  Frustrated and shouldn't take it out on others.  You're a better person than I am ;-)  Thanks for the calm reply and attempt to help.

Here is the problem:

1)  Customer wants to see a demo of having one "console" where we run several business processes from different departments, e.g. HR, Payroll, Benefits, etc.

2)  People in various roles will receive email notifications when things are posted to their "queues" and have a link that takes them to the "console" as a user.  Not necessarily the jbpm-console, but a single "console" with branding on the header for the "company" and a consistent way of handling logins, showing and manipulating the task lists, where all processes use the same task list ( with the process name showing ).

3)  The various departments want their business processes to have different style sheets for their "tasks" only.  Not affecting the header of the "console", nor the "footer", nor the administrative (usually hidden) left menu, but only their "pages".

4)  So HR wants a blue theme with HR at the top of the "task" page and a particular layout, Benefits wants an orange theme with tabbed pages in their "tasks".

5)  I've done this before in work-flow applications I've built, but used jsps and knew the url of the different processes relative to the root of the work-flow tool.  E.g. href="../../Benefits/stylesheets/style1.css".

6)  I have not been able to figure out where the xhtml pages actually reside when a process is loaded into the console, and thus don't know how to locate a particular style sheet.  In the xhtml page, I need to put some
kind of href="...." path to the style sheet.  I suppose I could set up a separate static page url on the same server and do href="ip.address:8080/Resources/Benefits/styles/style1.css" and put things like that there for retrieval.  I could also put href="ip.address:8080/Resources/Benefits/images/image1.jpg" etc.
What do you think of that idea?

Thanks again.  Trying to use some very nice technology but with very little to go on.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184491#4184491

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184491