[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - JBoss ClassLoader - Parent Last

Akshay Chandrashekar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 24 10:19:44 EDT 2008

Could somebody help me in understanding what configurations need to be done for Parent Last Class loading?
I have an EAR which has a version of xerces.jar. While I try to start the server with my EAR, it errors out giving
ClassCastException.

Instead of loading the DocumentBuilderFactory from the xerces.jar of my EAR/lib folder, it is referring to xercesImpl.jar.
I want the xerces.jar in my application to be referred instead of the server's xercesImpl.jar.

Is there a configuration to be set in order to load the libraries in EAR/lib first, followed by /server/default/lib.

Thanks in advance.
Akshay

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184493#4184493

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184493