[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Proper annotation matching pointcut

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Oct 27 12:23:43 EDT 2008

What's proper point-cut to intercept
 - any method invocation on classes that are anotated with @FooBar
 - method invocation of method annotated with @FooBar

I have this

  |   <bind xmlns="urn:jboss:aop-beans:1.0" pointcut="execution(* @org.jboss.demos.ioc.annotations.FooBar->*(..)) OR execution(* *->@org.jboss.demos.ioc.annotations.FooBar(..))">
  |      <interceptor-ref name="StopWatchInterceptor"/>
  |   </bind>

is it OK?

As I don't see it intercept this

  |   <bean name="SimpleExecutorOnMethod" class="org.jboss.demos.ioc.annotations.SimpleExecutor">
  |     <install method="execute">
  |        <annotation>@org.jboss.demos.ioc.annotations.FooBar</annotation>
  |     </install>
  |   </bean>

but this could be an issue with what MC provides as pushed metadata in install element.

Note: I don't expect it to be intercepted from MC's install - as that would probably require additional reflection+aop handling.
I have an extra call to the bean's execute method from some other 'user' code.

I'll take RTFM for an answer as well ... :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4184899#4184899

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4184899