[jboss-user] [JBossMQ] - MessageDriven component stops listening to the queue

trouby do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 28 09:01:15 EDT 2008

Hey,

We have a small EJB3 with a method based on timer that sends JMS messages as follows:

  | @Stateless()
  | public class ScannerBean implements ScannerLocal {
  | @Timeout
  | public void sendMessages(Timer timer) {
  | InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext();
  | queue = (Queue) ctx.lookup("queue/velo/TasksDefaultQueue");
  | QueueConnectionFactory factory = (QueueConnectionFactory) ctx.lookup("ConnectionFactory");
  | connection = factory.createQueueConnection();
  | session = connection.createQueueSession(false,QueueSession.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
  | messageProducer = session.createProducer(queue);
  | messageProducer.setDeliveryMode(DeliveryMode.NON_PERSISTENT);
  | BytesMessage bytesMsg = session.createBytesMessage();
  | bytesMsg.setLongProperty("uniqueId", uniqueId);
  | messageProducer.send(bytesMsg);
  | }
  | }

This component seems to work just fine and the messages are successfully stored on the JMS queue.

We have a very simple MessageDriven bean that listens to a JMS queue as follows:

  | @MessageDriven(name="TaskExecuterMessageBean", activationConfig = {
  | 		@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "acknowledgeMode", propertyValue = "Auto-acknowledge"),
  | 		@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType", propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
  | 		@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="queue/velo/TasksDefaultQueue")
  | })
  | public class MDBTaskExecuter implements MessageListener {
  |
  | @EJB
  | public SomeManager someManager;
  |
  | @Resource
  | private MessageDrivenContext context;
  |
  | public void onMessage(Message msg) {
  |   long uniqueId = bm.getLongProperty("uniqueId");
  |
  |  try{
  |   someManager.process(uniqueId);
  |  }catch(Exception e) {
  |    context.setRollbackOnly();
  |  }
  | }
  | }

Seems like this MessageDriven component suddenly stops receiving the messages and the queue grows up with not handled messages.

What may cause the MessageDriven bean suddenly stops working? is it a bug? there are any opened issues about this problem?

Thanks in advanced,

Asaf.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185085#4185085

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185085