[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: NPE from one way message dispatch

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 28 22:21:09 EDT 2008

"alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  | yes, I would expect the same behavior with AS 4.2.x

Ok, I'll close the issue for Remoting 2.5 and clone it for Remoting 2.4.  Thanks.

"alessio.soldano at jboss.com" wrote :
  | so, considering the final changes for this issue, I understand in case of oneway invocations we would need to set the new property in the provided Client before calling the remoting code or set the unmarshaller (perhaps another one doing nothing) even if we call invokeOneway, right?

What you say sounds correct, but I don't know how and when WS creates the Remoting Client, so I'll list some options.  In the following I'm assuming that you use the SOAP unmarshaller, which checks for a null InputStream, for two way invocations.

1. If, for example, you create a new Client for each invocation, then you could set "unmarshalNullStream" to false for a one way invocation and use the default behavior for a two way invocation.

2. Similarly, if a given Client is always used for one way invocations, you could set "unmarshalNullStream" to false for that client; and, on the other hand, if a given Client is always used for two way invocations, you could use the default behavior for that Client.

3. If a Client sometimes makes one way invocations and sometimes makes two way invocations, then probably you should use the default behavior and use an unmarshaller for one way invocations that checks for a null InputStream, as the SOAP unmarshaller does for two way invocations.

Does that make sense?

-Ron

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185265#4185265

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185265