[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: packaging log4j.properties with a server jar

prpo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 29 02:59:01 EDT 2008

Thank you for your reply. I've looked at the post you've mentioned.
My version of JBoss is 4.2.3GA

The issue I have is that, I have a shared library which uses log4j with its own log4j.xml

This shared library can possibly be used by any client (an ejb, war or EAR files).

The clients will include this jar file in the classpath to get access to the classes.

1) Where do I put the shared-library.jar file (/server/default/lib?)
2) Should the clients *package* this library with their deployable (war,ejb,ear?)

I've tried this by setting java2ParentDelegation=false as well as leaving it to default in the client. Ideally, I do not want the clients to set anything.

The results I've noticed are that, when I place the shared-libary.jar file in server/default/lib, the clients(ejb,etc) are able to find the logger on jboss server restart but not if I hot deploy the ejb by placing the ejb.jar in deploy directory.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185279#4185279

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185279