[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: SimplePrincipal ClassCastException

clevelam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 29 12:28:55 EDT 2008

I packaged my custom Principal, lets call it, "MyCustomPrincipal" and MyCustomLoginModule within the WAR file containing my web application.  I figured as long as it's in the class path it should be fine.

Within the MyCustomLoginModule when I call request.getPrincipal after authentication and cast it to MyCustomPrincipal.   I get the classcast because some kind of way It is returning a JBoss simple principal.  Even though I configured my login module to have a MyCustomPrincipal.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185468#4185468

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185468