[jboss-user] [Management, JMX/JBoss] - Re: Server is not Responding ( Jboss 4.2.3.GA with JDK1.5) a

prakashmvc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 30 10:04:14 EDT 2008

Hi Peter,
Second thing which you had mentioned is didn't work for me.
Following are the updates.

1.Signal the JVM to print out a StackTrace
JbossServer is started in UNIX environment.When I try to run the command kill -3 processid in the UNIX. Process is not killed.
After running this command, if I check the status of the Jboss server it says server is running.

2.Generate a thread dump using the jmx-console
I can't open the jbossConsole using the following url
http://localhost:8080. Page never opens but it says opening the page.
I believe without opening the jbossconsole we can't open the JMX console.
It's not listining for http://localhost:8080.

3.Deploy a thread dump JSP under Java 5.
we can't open the page http://localhost:8080/threaddump/.Server is not responding.

4.Use the jconsole when run under a Sun 1.5+ JVM
I ran the JConsole, under the remote tab I have entered the ip address of the server, portnumber,user and password. I got the message connection failed.

Do we have any alternatives to investigate this issue?

Regards,
Prakash

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185733#4185733

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185733