[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: MS SQL datasource error

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Oct 30 12:43:33 EDT 2008

The "connection refused" message means that the app server could not establish a connection to the host running the data using the port specified (that is, there is nothing using that port). This usually means that either the database is not running, or it has opened a different port. Firewall issues can also cause this problem.

Your first step would be to go to 172.24.42.102, make sure SQL Server is running, and then verify that SQL Server has port 1433 open. Once you have verified that, you should use a SQL Server utility to attempt to access the database. (It's been a long time since I used SQL Server and I cannot recall if they have a command line utility that you can use to query the database.) Once that is working, try with jbossas again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185788#4185788

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185788