[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - How do you configure JMSAppender in jboss-log4j.xml

prpo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 31 01:52:21 EDT 2008

I am trying to get the JMSAppender in jboss-log4j.xml in JBoss 4.2.3 GA.

I modify the root jboss-log4j.xml and enable JMSAppender as follows:

I add my category as:

      <appender-ref ref="JMS"/>

When I start the jboss app server, I see the following error:

22:36:50,733 INFO  [Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask] Configuring from URL: resource:jboss-log4j.xml
log4j error: Error while activating options for appender named [JMS].
javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]
	at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1562)
	at org.jnp.

Looks like the topic is not ready yet(Which I create on the appserver using a service.xml in deploy/jms directory.

How do I get past this error?

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185896#4185896

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185896