[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Reloading an invalidated entry

nathanmesser do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 31 06:35:47 EDT 2008

I've been trying to setup JBoss cache to use invalidation in a cluster.

I'm handling the re-reading of the entry from the database myself, however I'm not sure how to put the entry in the cache.

The issue is when Cache instance A has sent out an invalidation message, and Cache instance B is now trying to access that entry, and has found it empty.

If I use node.put, another invalidation message is sent out across the cluster.

However if I use cache.putForExternalRead, and the node referenced by the FQN already exists, which in my case it usually does, no action is taken.

What's the correct approach here?

Am I using the node structure correctly? I'm using a node for each type of object, so a node will be used to store multiple objects, and each object will be read and update, and therefored invalidated, individually, not at the node level.

Regards,
-Nathan

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185972#4185972

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185972