[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService *

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 31 07:09:55 EDT 2008

"nanda_kishore" wrote : to overcome this error i removed files. can u please give me solution for this problem.

I was (and am still) confused by your first post, in which the failures were because of missing DefaultDS and your post saying:

"nanda_kishore" wrote :
  | i removed all %JBOSS_HOME%/server/< serverName>/deploy folder/messaging files and i removed hssql-ds.xml . now i left with this error UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService **.

Based on your console logs, it looks like the only problem you are having is this:
anonymous wrote :
  | 05:47:21,724 ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile: Summary of incomplete deploymen
  | ts (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):
  |
  | *** CONTEXTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES: Name -> Dependency{Required State:Actual State}
  |
  | jboss.j2ee:ear=iBlue.ear,jar=iBlue-ejb.jar,name=TemperatureFacade,service=EJB3
  |  -> {Described:** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService **}
  |

  | *** CONTEXTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error
  |
  |  -> ** UNRESOLVED Demands 'jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService **

To summarize, on a clean JBoss if you place your EJB3 application in the deploy folder and start  the server you see this exception. Is my understanding correct? If yes, then i think this was a bug which was fixed in the EJBTHREE project. If you use JBoss-5 CR2, the fix is available. The workaround for this issue was to remove the application from the deploy folder, start the server, wait for it to completely start without any errors and then place the application in the deploy folder to be hot deployed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4185986#4185986

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4185986