[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: advice on cache (mis)use for transaction log store

bela@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 31 07:59:10 EDT 2008

Hi Jonathan,

this is a bordeline case of using JBC, which was designed for high read/low write scenarios.
If you have a high number of writes, I wouldn't use JBC, and use JGroups directly.
So I understand writes have to be synchronous, or at least a majority of nodes need to ack a write before it can return, and removes can be async.
When do you use reads ? Just in the exceptional case right ?
Bela

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4186002#4186002

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4186002