[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Problem With SymLinks, Apache, AJP

soundz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 1 21:41:08 EDT 2008

Hi,

My apache, mod_proxy_ajp configuration is having issues following any symlinks in docroot. Trying to access any URL that is a symlink results in 404.

Here is my setup:
Ubuntu 7.10 64bit
Apache 2.2.4 (installed from respository)
default mod_proxy_ajp install with apache
mod_proxy_ajp configured with JBoss 4.0.5

FollowSymLinks is turned on for all directories and virtual servers.  Here are the lines I added to Apache configuration to enable pass-through to Jboss:

  | ProxyRequests Off
  | <Proxy *>
  |     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
  |     AllowOverride None
  |     Order allow,deny
  |     Allow from all
  | </Proxy>
  |
  | ProxyPass / ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/
  | ProxyPassReverse / ajp://127.0.0.1:8009/

I made a simple symlink test with test2.html -> test1.html. To test the permissions, I set them to 777 and tried chowning to root, www-data, my username. All test fail with 404.

If I disable ajp, all symlinks work fine in the default apache DocumentRoot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jimmy

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4173651#4173651