[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: jboss-4.2.3.GA with MySQL Server 5.0 configuration probl

dan jboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 4 16:32:04 EDT 2008

"PeterJ" wrote : The jms-ds.xml file is one of the configuration files that comes with JBoss Messaging when using in AS 4.2.x. Based on the error message, there must be another configuration file that contains the MBean jboss.messaging:service=ServerSessionPoolMBean,name=StdJMSPool. Could you do a text search of all *.xml files in server/jms for that MBean?

  | Also, could you post the contents of the *-ds.xml file you created for MySQL? When you do that, make sure you enclose the XML text within code brackets (select the text and click the Code button above the editor window). Also, click Preview to ensure that the text is formatted correctly before clicking Submit.

Thanks a lot for your patience. I got my problem fixed. I had the file hajndi-jms-ds.xml in the deploy directory, and it contained the same MBean defined. I am not sure the instructions told me to remove it and I missed it.

Here is the content of my mysql-ds.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  | <!-- $Id: mysql-ds.xml 71535 2008-04-01 07:05:03Z adrian at jboss.org $ -->
  | <!--  Datasource config for MySQL using 3.0.9 available from:
  | http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-jdbc-stable.html
  | -->
  |
  | <datasources>
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>MySQLDS</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jboss</connection-url>
  |     <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
  |     <user-name>jbossuser</user-name>
  |     <password>jbosspass</password>
  |     <transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>
  |     <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
  |     <!-- should only be used on drivers after 3.22.1 with "ping" support
  |     <valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name>
  |     -->
  |     <!-- sql to call when connection is created
  |     <new-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</new-connection-sql>
  |       -->
  |     <!-- sql to call on an existing pooled connection when it is obtained from pool - MySQLValidConnectionChecker is preferred for newer drivers
  |     <check-valid-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</check-valid-connection-sql>
  |       -->
  |
  |     <!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional) -->
  |     <metadata>
  |        <type-mapping>mySQL</type-mapping>
  |     </metadata>
  |   </local-tx-datasource>