[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - JBoss 4.2.2 not reading standardjboss.xml

shreyasshinde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 4 17:06:45 EDT 2008

I have a JBoss 4.2.2 install on Redhat Linux (RHEL4). I am seeing that the configuration properties (specifically the container-configuration like MaximumSize, strictMaximumSize) are not getting enforced. So basically, I am not able to configure my Stateless Session Bean Container to create upto a certain number of beans.

There was another user who was stumbling across the same issue but she had not got any response.

After going through the JBoss EJB container source, I see that the class should through an exception if standardjboss.xml is not found. But I don't see that happening (even after deleting the file - I see no errors).

Is there anything I am missing? I need to set the container pool size across the board for a specific type of container. I cannot use jboss.xml on a per application basis.

Config: all
Version: 4.2.2
Platform: Linux

Thanks,