[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: postoffice problems

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 9 03:49:14 EDT 2008

>From the AS readme.html

"JBossAS now binds its services to localhost (127.0.0.1) *by default*, instead of binding to all available interfaces (0.0.0.0). This was primarily done for security reasons because of concerns of users going to production without having secured their servers properly. To enable remote access by binding JBoss services to a particular interface, simply run jboss with the -b option. To bind to all available interfaces and re-enable the legacy behaviour use -b 0.0.0.0. In any case, be aware you still need to secure you server properly."

This is a very common "gotcha" - I've seen it several times. I actually asked the AS team to be more explicit about this in the AS documentation, since I think hiding this info away in readme.html is not clear enough.

Hopefully they will be including this in the doco for future releases.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175224#4175224

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175224