[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Take 3 - Relationship between jboss-app.xml and *-object.xml

nicolasduminil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 9 05:37:45 EDT 2008

Greetings,

The 4th of September I posted a question on this forum related to the relationship between deployment descriptors: jboss-app.xml and *-object.xml. As these descriptors are JBoss specific, the only place where one may get informed is this forum. But as surprizing as it might seem, nobody seemed to be concerned. Two days latter, I posted a second time the same message, but no response.

I don't know what am I supposed to do as I have a blocked situation du to my incomprehension of some JBoss specific deployment descriptors, but nobody from JBoss doesn't seem to be willing to help. If I used a commercial product, I would have called the support and I would have had the answer in 24 hours. In the current situation, I'm blocked since 5 days and no any hope of a solution.

Let me try a third time: I have a web-app deploying a portlet on JBoss Portal 2.6. The application uses the JBoss Portlet Bridge and was generated by a special maven archetype, but I don't think that this detail is important. The web-app deploys correctly and the portlet is visible as soon as the app name in jboss-app.xml is "richfacesEchoApp". As I said, the web-app has been generated by the maven archetype and its default name is "richfacesEchoApp". But once generated, I changed the application and now it doesn't have anything to do with the sample echo application, accordingly I modified its name in jboss-app. I was very surprized to notice that, once the file jboss-app.xml was modified, the portlet is not any more visible after deployment. The only way I have to get things working is to keep the name "richfaceEchoApp" in jboss-app.xml

I'm still hoping that anyone from JBoss, eventually people having paticipated at the development of JBoss Portal, feels concerned and will help me to understand this relationship.

Kind regards,

Nicolas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175244#4175244

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175244