[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Handling errors on page flows

kasim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 9 10:00:14 EDT 2008

Ok maybe i am just missing it here.

I am trying to create a fairly simple page flow definition. And i am using page flows because it could eventually get more complicated based on a substance.

But how do i handle error validations?

  | <page name="loader-information" view-id="/loadCollection.xhtml">
  |   <transition name="next" to="substances-load">
  |     <action expression="#{loadConfigSvc.saveLoadConfig()}"/>
  |   </transition>
  |   <transition name="cancel" to="cancel"></transition>
  | </page>

So i have that saveLoadConfig can return a boolean false if it fails to validate and saves a message ot the facesmessages.

Well ... when i run it it naturally goes to the next page.

I know i can handle global exceptions for it in the pages code, but really i just want it to go back on itself and redisplay the same page. Can i use rules with the actions? Like we do in pages.xml?

Or do i need to make a decision node instead?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4175311#4175311

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4175311