[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Alternate .war deployment

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 12 04:02:05 EDT 2008

"BobMcWhirter" wrote :
  | 1) Am I off-base thinking that the RailsDeployer could/should create a WebMetaData, for consumption by the typical .war deployer already baked into AS5?

That's one way of doing it.
You can either pick-up the WMD we already create
and fill it with your info.
Or you can have Rails predetermined WMD
and then check what exactly we do with merging.

"BobMcWhirter" wrote :
  | 2) If I can create a WebMetaData, what stage should it occur?  My RailsDeployer basically parses a deploy/myapp.rails file, and I've tried the PARSE stage.

As long as it's soon enough.
Dunno what soon enough is in your case.
But definitely before WMD get's used in REAL stage. ;-)

"BobMcWhirter" wrote :
  | 3) If I should create a WebMetaData, should I attach it as an attachment to the VFSDeploymentUnit my RailsDeployer is handed?

Yes.
But, like I already said, you have different scopes of attachments.
Pick the one that suites your purpose best.
e.g. predetermined, transient, transient-managed, ...

"BobMcWhirter" wrote :
  | 4) Can you point to information about classpath semantics between deployers and things-they-deploy?  My jboss-rails.deployer deployer jarfile contains a jruby.jar, which I'd like to be available to anything it deploys.  I was hoping I could provide it (and other jars) via the MetaData.  This is one of the bits I feel I'm missing by calling MainDeployer.deploy(...) and process() directly, instead of using the MetaData functionality.

This looks to me like Seam-int functionality I just did:
 - http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/jboss-seam-int/trunk/microcontainer/src/main/java/org/jboss/seam/integration/microcontainer/deployers/SeamUrlIntegrationDeployer.java

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176043#4176043

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176043