[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Task timer and TaskInstance.dueDate field

lblaauw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 12 05:35:54 EDT 2008

True,

I understand the current implementation but in my view functionally they
shouldnt be different things. I feel you need to be able to have them to
be the same thing i.e. when a task has a deadline(duedate) I would like
to have the process instance be able to do two optional things:

1. escalate via a transition to another step in the process whilst deleting
the original task

2. send an escalation message as a sort of notice therefore taking a transition out of the node but leaving the task sit where it is to just notify
someone the task is now overdue.

The above scenario seems pretty common in commercial tooling and I
am kinda strugling to fit this into jBPM I guess..

Greetz
Leo

"kukeltje" wrote : task due date and timer due date are 2 different things, even when used on a task. So therefor the task duedate is empty even though there can be a timer with a duedate. We cannot automatically fill it with the duedate of a timer since that can be a very different thing....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176069#4176069

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176069