[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - deployment of ear containing jars + sar

DeMarco2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 12 06:18:05 EDT 2008

Hi together.

I try to deploy an ear containg 1 sar and multible jars.
I try the follwing structure of the ear:

app.ear

  |--- META-INF
  |     |
  |     |--- application.xml
  |     |
  |     |--- jboss-app.xml

  |--- lib
  |     |
  |     |--- lib1.jar
  |     |--- lib2.jar
  |     |--- .....

  |--- service.sar

The MBean Interface of the sar package using classes of f.e. lib1.jar.
During deployment I got a ClassNotFoundException of this class.

My jboss-app.xml:

  | <jboss-app>
  |    <loader-repository>com.example:archive=app.ear</loader-repository>
  |      <module>
  |        <service>service.sar</service>
  |      </module>
  | </jboss-app>

My application.xml:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee" version="1.4"
  | 	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  | 	xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/application_1_4.xsd">
  |   <display-name>my ear application</display-name>
  |
  |   <library-directory>lib</library-directory>
  | </application>

Then I appended all libs to the manifest of the service.sar

  | Classpath lib1.jar lib2.jar ...

The same error...

Then I added the following settings to my application.xml:

  |   <module>
  |       <connector>service.sar</connector>
  |   </module>

Always the same...

The only way it works I found is to append all jar-files directry to the sar-file.
But that is not exactly what I want, because the jars should be later shared by other modules in the ear.
So, is there a common way to do that. Thanks for help..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176073#4176073

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176073