[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Best way for dynamic configuration?

hamtho2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 12 06:22:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

I just created a timer-bean running a custom job at a defined interval. This service is annotated with @Service and @Management, so that it is startable/stoppable via the JMX-Console.

Now I would like to add some properties that can be changed by the user - for example the interval between two timeouts etc - and does not need any repackaging or redeploying of the application.

So what would be the recommended way for this configuration? Configuration file? Database-values? MBeans?
Preferably it would be great if I can simply inject these properties from somewhere into my EJB - but this is not a must.

Any ideas about this - probably very common requirement - would be greatly appricated.

Thanks
Thomas

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176075#4176075

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176075