[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Alternate .war deployment

bob.mcwhirter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 12 11:29:01 EDT 2008

"alesj" wrote :
  | "BobMcWhirter" wrote :
  |   | 3) If I should create a WebMetaData, should I attach it as an attachment to the VFSDeploymentUnit my RailsDeployer is handed?
  |   |
  | Yes.
  | But, like I already said, you have different scopes of attachments.
  | Pick the one that suites your purpose best.
  | e.g. predetermined, transient, transient-managed, ...

Much appreciated, Ales--

At this point, my web.xml is super-easy, and my code just programmatically assembles it.  I also an building a ClassLoadingMetaData (well, a VFSClassLoaderFactory...), and have setOutput( ClassLoaderingMetaData.class ).  I'm figuring (?) that's how I setup my effective classpath for the deployed web-app, and it's there I can jack in my paths to jruby.jar and friends.  That sound about right?

For the scope of attachments... got a pointer for the differences?

Thanks!

  -Bob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176173#4176173

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176173