[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Alternate .war deployment

bob.mcwhirter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 12 12:27:56 EDT 2008

"alesj" wrote : "bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  |   | At this point, my web.xml is super-easy, and my code just programmatically assembles it.
  |   |
  | Does this mean you're assembling WMD or web.xml?
  | I guess WMD should do it.

Yes, a WebMetaData is what I'm building, not a web.xml file.

"alesj" wrote :
  | Yup.
  | It's the CL deployers that pick this up.
  | Or you can hack something up, like I do it in my Seam-int.
  | e.g. adding custom jar if deployment is Seam app

Those exist by default, looking for any CLMD to deploy into my unit?  I noticed an explicit WarClassLoaderDeployer in the codebase.  Was not sure if I needed to mirror that for my own, or if I can count on a standard CLDeployer in the mix with the 'default' config.

"alesj" wrote :
  | "bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  |   | For the scope of attachments... got a pointer for the differences?
  |   |
  | Not really. :-)
  | Basic point is that some attachments are available to client,
  | some are just server side info, e.g. temp info passing around.
  |

  | unit.addAttachment( WebMetaData.class, md);

That should ultimately be visible to the kernel to act upon?

Thanks muchly,

-Bob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176208#4176208

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176208