[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Take 3 - Relationship between jboss-app.xml and *-object

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 12 19:56:39 EDT 2008

While we would like to be able to answer each and every post on the forum, it's just not humanly possible. I think you'd agree that you'd rather have us spend our time working on the project than answering every possible questions on the forums.

This said, I looked at your first post and concluded (perhaps mistakenly, granted) that it was a case of someone not having read the documentation as the *-object.xml format is described in the documentation (for reference, http://www.jboss.org/jbossportal/docs/index.html[/url] and more particularly at [url]http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.7.0.B1/referenceGuide/html/xmldescriptors.html#desc_objectxml). The configuration of a RichFaces portlet deployed using the Portlet Bridge project is describe in the documentation of the Portlet Bridge project and hasn't much to do with Portal itself.

Complaining about not getting free service when, at least by reading your post, it seems you haven't even taken the time to read the available documentation is quite inappropriate to say the least. Posting your topic several times didn't help your case either.

Finally, using an open source product doesn't entitle you to free support or anything else for that matter. If you were to use a commercial product, you'd have to pay for support (or it'd be included in the license price, same difference). Why people assume that because a product is free, so must any services related to it, is beyond me...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176286#4176286

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176286