[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Error Could not initialise deployment jbossws.sar on run

Defrian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 14 07:02:08 EDT 2008

I am facing the same problem. Did you resolve it?

I downloaded 4.2.3 Source to my windows xp installation and ran the build.bat. Bevor I added the following Parameters to the <jboss-src-folder>/build/build.bat:

  | set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15
  | set ANT_HOME=D:\Libs\apache-ant-1.6.5-bin\apache-ant-1.6.5
  | set PATH=%ANT_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

The build succeds with no errors. Afterwards i ran the run.bat in which i also added the same JAVA_HOME and PATH settings. On startup after a few seconds i get the same error.

 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: file:/D:/ProgramFiles/jboss-4.2.3.GA-src/build/output/jboss-4.2.3.GA/server/default/deploy/jbossws.sar/
  | java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/Stateless

i checked the file system. there is a jbossws.sar in the folder specified in the error message.

to my understanding i did everything needed to compile and start jboss 4.2.3. What am i doing wrong or where is my understanding of the build process wrong?

Defrian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176361#4176361

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176361