[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - MDB to RemoteQueue configuration problems

bodrin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 15 09:30:17 EDT 2008

JBM.1.4.0.SP3 / jboss-4.2.2.GA

I'm using the wiki at http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/HowDoIConfigureAnEJB3MDBToTalkToARemoteQueue.

I have found the following problems:

1. No way to use discovery for the remote jms provider
I'm trying to setup it via

  |     <attribute name="Properties">
  |        java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  |        java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jnp.interfaces
  |
  | jnp.partitionName=XYZ

=> does not work

2. Using fixed addreses

  |     <attribute name="Properties">
  |        java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  |        java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jnp.interfaces
  |
  | java.naming.provider.url=hostA:1200

This one works. But there is some strange problem. If I shutdown the remote cluster and then start it back again some of my MDBs are reconnected
to hostA:1200, but some to other cluster nodes in my LAN that are not part
of the same partition name?

3. Using combination of fixed addresses and discovery config

  |     <attribute name="Properties">
  |        java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory
  |        java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jnp.interfaces
  |
  | jnp.partitionName=XYZ
  | java.naming.provider.url=hostA:1200

=> this works as expected - all MDBs are reconnected to hostA

So, I have two questions:

Q1: Is there a way to configura a remote JMS provider with discovery?
Q2: Is cluster partitioning via partionName-s enough or I have to setup different multicast addresses for each partition?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176508#4176508

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176508