[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: JBoss as Windows service - stopping the service powers d

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 15 11:36:02 EDT 2008

I do not see anything unusual in the DLLs being used by the JVM. That and your earlier statement that using shutdown to stop the app server does not halt the machine leads me to believe that the issue must be related to the service code or configuration, and not to JBossAS.

Is there nothing in the system logs that would indicate why the system shut down?

The only other thing I can think of is that there some system-wide option is set, and that is causing the shutdown when the jboss service is stopped. Something like "shut down when the last process run by user xxx is stopped". Or perhaps some other service was inadvertently set to depend on the jboss service. Or there is a scheduled task that periodically runs and checks on the system status and when the jboss service is stopped, that task shuts down the system.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176567#4176567

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176567