[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: How to reliably count active sessions (re-post)

mrgordonz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 16 00:42:02 EDT 2008

"PeterJ" wrote : Found it! The MBean you want is:

  | jboss.web:host=localhost,path=YYY,type=Manager
  |
  | where YYY is the web application context. The interesting attributes are:
  |
  | activeSessions
  | sessionCounter
  | maxActiveSessions
  |
  | and various others.

Hi Peter,

I hope you don't mind me bugging you again.  The MBean you identified was perfect.  I am now able to monitor the number of active sessions exactly as I want using my monitoring software.  But, I have one customer that uses an older version of the application, which in turn uses an older version of JBoss:  3.2.1.

I know, I know - it's as old as the dinosaurs, but there isn't anything I can do about it until they upgrade.

I have done some searching and the MBean you found isn't there (at least I can't find it).  When I go to http://localhost:8180/jmx-console I get a giant listing of MBeans as usual, but under the section jboss.web, there is only one MBean:  service=WebServer

Do you know if the MBean you found is present in JBoss 3.2.1?  If it isn't in 3.2.1, is there a different MBean which also provides activeSessions information?

Cheers,

Paul

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176662#4176662

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176662