[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Problem with Custom Auth Module

javauser007 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 16 11:12:42 EDT 2008

Hi i'm facing the Problem with configuring the ldap in jboss portal
Plz look at ones.
I'm using jboss portal 2.6.5 and open ldap.
I have created an .ldif file according to my company requirements and it works fine with other applications except Jboss portal.

My problem is, in my .ldif file i mentioned "my-user" for holding username and "my-pwd" for holding password.
and in my ldap_identity-config.xml file i mentioned accordingly as givebellow.

  uidAttributeID
  my-user

passwordAttributeID
my-pwd

But while i'm trying to access i'm not getting any error on console and simply the page is redirected to some other error page which shows "The user doesn't exist or the password is incorrect " .and in log file i'm getting the message like "Bad password for the user XXXXX" (even if i entered correct user name and password), but if i use "userPassword" name for holding the password in .ldif file it works fine.

if i use "userPassword" name and even if i disabling the following code in ldap_identity-config.xml it works fine.

passwordAttributeID
userPassword

But i should mention uidAttributeID like below

uidAttributeID
my-user

and after doing some R&D on this, finally i came to know that the jboss is not at all reading the following snipet.

passwordAttributeID
my-pwd

but my requirement is i should use "my-pwd" attribute id for holding the password.

How to do that..? any help is appriciated.......

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4176837#4176837

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4176837