[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Varia Scheduler cannot find class at startup

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 16 20:06:21 EDT 2008

I have seen this before and created a work-around.  I have since changed my deployment layout (due to EJB3/Seam) and now my work-around does not work.

in schedule-service.xml:

    true
    com.shockwatch.swevents.rdp.extract.RDPAutoExtract
    09/16/2008 6:38
    120000
    -1

The SchedulableClass is inside a jar that is inside an ear.  How do I tell where to find the class?

Here is my kludge that used to work.  It touches the xml config file which causes JBoss to reload it (after the ear loaded and class is available).

    /**
     * KLUDGE: could not get dependency to work for scheduler service, cause it to reload config
     */
    private void touchScheduler()
    {
    	try
    	{
    		Class.forName("com.shockwatch.swevents.rdp.extract.RDPAutoExtract");
    	String fileSep=System.getProperty("file.separator");
    	String deployDir=System.getProperty("jboss.server.home.dir") + fileSep + "deploy" + fileSep;
    	File f = new File(deployDir + "scheduler-service.xml");
    	f.setLastModified(System.currentTimeMillis());
    	}
    	catch (Exception ex)
    	{
    		ex.printStackTrace(System.err);