[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: dynamically load classes within app on JBOSS

tuezney do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 17 04:08:57 EDT 2008

The app on jboss is a webapp, it is a servlet that tries to classload a jar file with a POJO app that is in the deploy directory.

This worked in our previous jboss version (JBoss_4_0_1_SP1) for e few years. We used
a bea jrockit 1.5 jvm.

Now I am upgrading our server to 4.2.3.GA and our java version to sun's 1.6 imp.

The whole idea is the following.
Use all the nice stuff of the appserver :
-  db connection pooled and managed by container
- 1 jvm for all applications
- unified classloading
- jmx
- jms

Without the use of ejb3, writing a deployment descriptors, annotations all over the place etc etc etc

And still have the possibility (if needed) to run the applications (for test eg) without the appserver.

We succeeded in this by developping servlet and an interface (DeployableApplication).

All the developer has to do is to implement the DeployableApplication, pack this into a jar file and deploy it in the deploy directory. The app will be started with a request on the servlet I mentioned before.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177017#4177017

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177017