[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Can't generate seam entities

ssopiadis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 17 07:19:22 EDT 2008

Hi!
First of all apologize my realy bad english (i 'm greek) ... and my newbie understandnig of the SEAM-world (i 'm very new to this J2EE stuff).
My problem is realted to Eclipse 3.4,  JBOSS Tools 3.0.0 Alpha and !!GLASSFISH!!
Had no problem with installing Eclipse,  the (nightly build) of JBoss Tools (16/9/2008) into Eclipse (used dropin folder) and downloading and setting up Glassfish v2 driver and the application server. Setup of JBOSS 4.2.1GA into the framework worked also fine without any problem. MySQL driver was also setup, cause Eclipse seems to have problems finding the preconfigured driver.
JRE used 1.5 .

First project - no problem: New Seam Web Project->choosing JBOSS 4.2 as the deployment server, using all the default values until the last form. There i choose to create a new connection profile, setting it up properly (trying to ping, which works fine), after that, filling out the fields of Database Schema Name, Database Catalog Name and checking the DB Tables already exists checkbox.
After this step trying to SEAM GENERATE ENTITIES which works fine!

Second projet - no way to work: New Seam Web Project->choosing Glassfish as the deployment server and using all the default values until the last form. There i choose as connection profile the one from the previous project. Everything seems to work fine. After this step trying to SEAM GENERATE ENTITIES which DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!!!
The error i get is:
Can't generate seam entities
org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Problems while loading database driverclass (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver)
Problems while loading database driverclass (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver)
org.hibernate.console.HibernateConsoleRuntimeException: Problems while loading database driverclass (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver)
Problems while loading database driverclass (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver)    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

First i thought it has to do with the installation of Eclipse beeing somehow missconfigured (dont't know how!!). So i reinstalled a fresh Eclipse setup with all the stuff. Tried to create JBOSS based projects which worked fine. As soon as i tried to use Glassfish i got this error.

Does reverse engeneering not function with Glassfish selected? I searched JIRA but could not find anything similar to this.

MAAANY thanks in advance

ssopiadis

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177081#4177081

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177081