[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools (users)] - Seam Auto-generated code

ipazmino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 17 19:02:15 EDT 2008

Hi,

I was following a small seam example, and created a couple of entities, a session bean for the logic and a view xhtml file. Then, I generated the EB with the tools and they were far better.

The problem is that afterward I realized that for the Customer, it had created, besides the EB:

two SB, one extending from EntityHome (CustomerHome) and other extending EntityQuery (CustomerList).
three .xhtml pages: Customer.xhtml, CustomerEdit.xhtml and CustomerList.xhtml
three .xml files: Customer.page.xtml, CustomerEdit.page.xtml and CustomerList.page.xtml

So, I don't get a few things.

If I had a class or any file that matched the generated files' name, would it have been overwritten and lost what I had done?
Can I specify what I want to be generated?
What do the abstract classes, EntityHome and EntityQuery, do or are for?
What are those xmls, that seem to be one per .xhtml, for?

Sorry if these are obvious questions, but I was just beginning and now lost.

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177275#4177275

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177275