[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Optimistic locking not working with JDBCCacheLoader conf

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 18 10:12:43 EDT 2008

"kringdahl" wrote : One other questions related to optimistic locking...is there anything I can do to switch an existing cache configured with pessimistic locking to optimistic locking?  For existing caches, it appears that it can load the objects because they do not have the appropriate data versioning.  Anything that can be done outside of reading the entire cache and writing it out again in optimistic mode?

So far no one has asked for anything of the sort, but I can see how it could be a useful thing.  I would recommend writing a conversion app right now, that would start 2 cache instances (one in OL and one in PL) and read from one and write to the other.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177443#4177443

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177443