[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Message Redistribution on a Cluster

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 18 12:54:43 EDT 2008

"tim.shaw" wrote : Is it possible, using JBM (1.4.x), to evenly distribute message processing across the nodes of a cluster (AS 4.2.3)?

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBMCluster

anonymous wrote :
  | If not - and my reading of the docs is that it only starts redistribution when the original node gets overloaded - are there any plans to do so for 2.0?

JBM optimally distributes load, always giving it to the local node if it can cope with it.

Sending it to a remote node when it can be processed by the local node is not a good use of resources.

anonymous wrote :
  | This behaviour worked fine with MQ ... but I don't want to have to go back to it.

I'm trying to understand why you would want to do that? (Round robin distribution of load)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177499#4177499

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177499