[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Need help in naming the datasource files?

muddu_shafi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 19 15:50:43 EDT 2008

Please help me, I am a newbie…..

I have a class which is looking for JNDI in Jboss, I have deployed the jar file for this project in Jboss deploy directory.
Can any one explain me, where should I place my datasource xml file, i.e should I place it in the deploy directory itself?
What should I name the XML files?
Upon seeing the files I thought I should name them as
proxy-ds.xml, proxy-backup-ds.xml, web-ds.xml.
Am I right? Or should I name it differently?

public enum ProxyDbMode {PRIMARY, BACKUP};
private ProxyDbMode proxyMode = ProxyDbMode.PRIMARY;

private Connection getProxyDbConnection() throws ErpProxyDaoException, SQLException {

		Connection con;

		if (this.proxyMode != ProxyDbMode.PRIMARY) {
			con = this.connectToDatabase("proxy");
			ErpProxyProgressDAO.logger.info("Connected to proxy primary");
		}
		else {
			con = this.connectToDatabase("proxy-backup");
			ErpProxyProgressDAO.logger.info("Connected to proxy backup");
		}

		return con;
	}

	private Connection getQadWebDbConnection() throws ErpProxyDaoException, SQLException {
		Connection con = this.connectToDatabase("web");
		ErpProxyProgressDAO.logger.info("Connected to web db");
		return con;
		}

	private Connection connectToDatabase(String name) throws ErpProxyDaoException, SQLException{

		Context ctx = null;
		DataSource ds = null;
		try{
			ctx = new InitialContext();
			ds = (DataSource) ctx.lookup("java:" + name + "-ds");
		}catch(Exception e){
			throw new ErpProxyDaoException("to throw NamingException -- ", e);
		}

		return ds.getConnection();
}
And how should I make sure that the connection closes, when  ever I call this Method?

Thanks for taking time and looking at my question. Please respond......

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4177746#4177746

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4177746