[jboss-user] [JBoss Getting Started Documentation] - Re: problem building jsfeJB3 application

rtaylor777 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 22 15:05:06 EDT 2008

Thanks for that jaikiran.
I was wrong by the way, the jsfejb3.ear project is using seam or at least the jsf-facelets.jar which the build file was indicating as coming from
fileset dir="${seamlib}/lib" includes="jsf-facelets.jar"
Perhaps the getting started documentation should be revised to indicate that seam should be installed and configured before trying the examples.

Unfortunately in my case "seam" didn't work with jboss-5.0.0.CR2
While deploying the booking seam example I had issues with JBOSS not being able to extract one of the jars, yet I could browse into the jar it indicated with my file manager (on Linux). I tired setting up with a shallower context for JBOSS but it didn't help. I noticed in the server log there were several issues with ORB and other items while loading the stock jboss-5.0.0.CR2 extracted system without ever having deployed anything yet. In any case I'm going to try jboss-4.2.3.GA-jdk6.zip as at least seam says it works with JBoss AS 4.2.X

Thanks again

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4178138#4178138

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4178138